Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #9- Skyping it UP!!!

1. Jing would be good to use when students are researching a specific subject and they have found some material, pictures, clips that would be useful for their project. They could take a quick screen shot of what they need and then caption it.

2. Skype has definitely created a buzz over the past two years. It has helped people keep in touch globally. I would use this in my classroom when we were studying Ancient Greece or Egypt, we could find an American classroom in either of these countries and develop a "Skype" relationship. We could set up video chats to do a Q & A time as well as present to one another.

3. My experience with Skype has been on a personal level. My parents live in Virginia, my sister was living in India, and I was here in Houston. We were able to communicate on a regular basis for FREE. I also use this with my three best girlfriends from high school once every two months, one lives in San Francisco, one lives in Williamsburg, VA and one lives in Baltimore, MD. Skype has helped us stay in touch and share in each other's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment